3 Cheese & Zucchini Lasagna Rolls Serves 8
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 medium zucchini, grated and squeezed dry
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt & fresh cracked pepper
- 1 3/4 cups Marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- fresh basil for garnish
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to the box directions; drain and then lay out on aluminum foil.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Ladle about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium-size skillet, sauté garlic & EVOO over medium heat for about 1 minute; add zucchini, salt and pepper to taste and cook about 4-5 minutes, until soft.
- In a medium bowl combine ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, and egg; fold in the zucchini mixture.
- Take the 1/8th of the ricotta mixture and spread evenly over the noodle. Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.
- Ladle the remaining sauce over the lasagna rolls and top each one with some of the mozzarella cheese. Put foil over baking dish and bake for about 40 minutes, or until the inside is heated through and the cheese is melted. Top with fresh basil if desired and eat hot.
Nutritional Content (per roll): 240 Calories; 8g Fat; 27g carbs; 2g fiber; 13g Protein; 2g sugar; 292mg Sodium; 38mg Chol